The Nourishing Word Core Beliefs About Ministry
- Bible teaching is the primary task of church leaders
(1 Timothy 4:6, 11-13; 2 Timothy 2:15; 4:2).
- Bible teaching and theological instruction is the greatest need of God's people (1 Timothy 4:6, 11-13; 2 Timothy 2:15; 4:2).
- Bible teaching is the indispensable prerequisite for Spirit-empowered living, mutual edification, and evangelism.
- A decentralized, in-depth Bible teaching ministry will stimulate and free believers to follow the Holy Spirit's leading to reach out to people. Bible teachers need to teach faithful people who can teach others God's word (2 Timothy 2:2).
- Many people need to be freed from the time and energy pressures of running and attending centralized church programs.
- A decentralized, in-depth Bible teaching ministry (working through a house church network) will stimulate and free believers to follow the Holy Spirit's leading to reach out to people in their neighborhoods, workplaces, schools, college dormitories, homes, parks, etc..
Many who attend our weekly Bible teaching house churches will take what they have learned and share God's word with others in an unlimited variety of settings. They will do this without having to get permission from a centralized church board or other authority structure.